Our Clergy and Staff
What is MEOCCA?
MEOCCA is an association of local Orthodox clergy and Church leaders, which provides a forum for coming together socially and liturgically to symbolize the sacramental and theological unity of the various Orthodox jurisdictions beneath their episcopal divisions.
When does MEOCCA come together liturgically?
The parishes represented by MEOCCA come together regularly in worship, specifically at
- Great Vespers of Orthodoxy Sunday
- Sunday Lenten Vespers during Great Lent
- Pentecost Vespers
What is the purpose of MEOCCA?
MEOCCA meets regularly to
- Foster camaraderie among the Orthodox clergy and leaders representing the different jurisdictions in the larger Twin Cities region through regular business meetings and various social activities.
- Discuss ways to encourage effective interaction between the different parishes represented by MEOCCA.
- Marshall the resources of the local Orthodox communities for purposes of sponsoring, endorsing, or promoting projects or events for spiritual enrichment and education.
What are the ministries of MEOCCA?
Through the contributions of the Orthodox faithful in the Twin Cities region, MEOCCA is able to offer financial support to
- Winter and Summer Youth Camps
- Family Camp
- The local chapter of the International Orthodox Christian Charities
- A Cooperative Catechism
- Chapters of Orthodox Christian Fellowship on local university and college campuses
- Occasional workshops and seminars
And to promote and endorse
- Various ecumenical activities
- Lay initiatives benefiting the spiritual life of the Twin Cities Orthodox community
MEOCCA is always open to any initiative that serves the goal of promoting and manifesting inter-jurisdictional unity among the Orthodox Churches in the Twin Cities region.
|President:||Fr. Paul Hodge||(651) email@example.com|
|Secretary:||Fr. Mircea Vasiu||(651) firstname.lastname@example.org|